Monday, February 19, 2007

Great weekend!

Wow! The Valentine's Banquet was such a huge success! In part to the wonderful youth council and parents we have on board. We started out at around 10 that morning with cooking and decorating. The youth did an awesome job with the human video "When I think about the Lord", special thanks to Shelia Tucker for singing at the last minute! The Newly Wed game was a hit as always! We prepared food for 125 people and only 3 couple did not show that had reservations. We had child care this time and our youth parents, council and youth that helped did a great job. A special thanks to Emily for taking charge of the older group of kids and creating fun for them! I had several parents that said their children had a blast! It was a long and exhausting day, but so worth it!

Sunday was a great day to be in the Lord's house. I love my church!! We had an awesome Sunday School lesson on the sanctity of marriage, wonderful worship service both morning and night. Bro. John just brings the scriptures to life! We started a Beth Moore study last Sunday afternoon, Jesus the One and Only, and it has just totally changed the way I look at the birth of our Lord and Savior. She has just made me think about it in so many different ways. I will be honest I have not been faithful to my daily devotions and Bible study. But this study is making me realize what I have been missing on a daily basis, it is good to dig in the word!

May everyone have a blessed week! ;)

No comments: